Castle Leisure is committed to providing a safe and fair environment for customers to enjoy.
The Company operates responsibly in accordance with the Licensing objectives specified in the 2005 Gaming Act, which include:
- Preventing gambling from being a source of crime or disorder or being associated with crime and disorder or being used to support crime.
- Ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way.
- Protecting children and vulnerable people from being harmed or exploited by gambling.
It is illegal for any person under the age of 18 to gamble.
Castle Leisure operates a Think 21! policy whereby any person who appears to be under the age of 21 will be asked to provide personal identification either at point of entry or point of sale to maximise the protection of potential underage persons having access to gambling.
For most people gambling is a fun and exciting way to enjoy themselves, but for a small minority Castle Leisure recognises that gambling can become a problem.
All Castle Leisure employees are trained to provide assistance to customers and advise them where to find information about how to get help.
Help Is Here information leaflets are available at all Castle Bingo Clubs in discreet locations to anyone who requires details of how to get help to prevent problem gambling at an early stage.
Managing play is important to gamble responsibly. Detailed below are some suggestions to assist with responsible gambling:
- Be honest with yourself and others.
- Set a spending and time limit for gambling and stop when you reach that that time.
- Do not be tempted to chase losses.
- Do not borrow to continue gambling.
- Seek help and advice sooner rather than later.
Castle Leisure participates in the Bingo Industry Self-Exclusion Scheme where a self-exclusion applies to all licensed bingo premises across Great Britain.
A customer can voluntarily self-exclude for a minimum period of 6 months or maximum period of 12 months.
To discuss self-exclusion or any concerns you have over problem gambling further please contact your local Castle Bingo Club and speak with the Duty Manager.
Help Is Here
If you are concerned about problem gambling you can access free and confidential advice at www.gambleaware.co.uk or via telephone to 0808 802 0133.